Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wal*Mart

So now that I'm permanently residing in the state of Tay-jas, I must do as the locals do. Turns out, that means hanging out at Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart is not just a store here, it's a destination. It's where you buy groceries, get your nails done, rent some movies, eat lunch, and even hang out with friends.

However, I'm starting to get the feeling that it's addictive. I've found myself making more and more Wal-Mart trips every day. Right now, I make at least one Wal-Mart run per day (but I have been known to make as many as four trips). What happened to me? I used to go to the grocery store once a week. Christine and I would go to Safeway every Sunday night to do our shopping and rarely did we take more than an hour. Now I'm spending more time at the store than I do outside of it. Wtf. Thankfully, Wal-Mart is at the very least entertaining.

Wal-Mart Ghetto Story #56:
Today, I saw a guy who didn't quite look to be 21 carrying two 12 packs of Dos Equis beer and one 12 pack of Corona beer. He strolled over to the registers but picked a lane that was not in service and just walked out of the store, no questions asked.

For more delightfully classy Wal-Mart (mis)adventures, check out this funny website: People of Wal-Mart.

1 comment:

  1. Haha that's the best.

    The way you feel about Wal-Mart is how I feel about Costco. I go ALL THE TIME. Ordinarily that sounds like a treat but going to costco everyday, multiple times a day drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete