Monday, August 17, 2009

Darren Does Dallas

Man, I love me some alliteration. Which reminds me: An alliteration champion returns to his childhood home where he is seduced by his neighbor who may or may not be his biological mother. Haha!

Anyway, back to the point. My friend Darren came to visit me in Texas this past week. We were very good friends in high school and he visited me multiple times while in Berkeley. I enjoyed having him over because it was the first time any of my friends (much less high school friends) came to see my home in Texas.

We got a lot accomplished in the two days that he was here. We started off with a tour of Stonebriar Mall in Frisco followed by some video games at my house. We then had some generic Dippin' Dots from Wal-Mart at the local park before we decided to drive to Oklahoma to go to WinStar, a large Indian casino. We played all night and Darren lost about $18 while I won about $7. Then we drove home and made it back around 7 am. We woke up the following day around 4 pm (I know!) and then went fishing at the Lewisville Lake. We came home for dinner and then went to the Denton Square. We bought some cheap books at Recycled (a used books store) and then spent the rest of the night drinking wine and smoking hookah at Bagheri's Hookah Lounge. Overall, I would say we had a good time and he got a good idea of what life in Texas is like.

This is his third cross-country roadtrip from California to Maine (and/or vice versa). The first trek was with his Bowdoin schoolmate Dustin and they traveled through the middle states. The second trip was with his father and they went through the northern states. For this last journey, he was accompanied by his college roommate Nate and they made their way through the southern states. Here is a link to his travel blog if you're interested: Travels with Gladys (Gladys being the name of his car).

2 comments:

  1. Why can't you visit me so we can have fun adventures like this???

    In other news, I may have found a bar that I would like to patronize regularly...

    ReplyDelete